Southpaws is one of Australia’s best-known referral hospitals.
The vision that guides us is to be the first choice for expert veterinary care. It is this vision that means we are committed to gold-standards in patient care for Surgery, Internal Medicine, Oncology and Critical Care.
As an employer
Southpaws is dedicated to creating a workplace environment that functions how we believe it should, not just the way they always have. We have career pathways for every role in our hospitals driving year on year progression as a person, veterinary professional as well as remuneration.
Southpaws is the only hospital in Melbourne with full time Training & Development and Human Resource Managers. This management structure delivers support for our people on their personal and professional journeys to fulfilling their potential.
Southpaws are proud of our values and look for these positive characteristics in all applicants:
ECC Specific Internship Mid 2022 – Mid 2023
2021-2022 has seen our largest and most successful internships in our history. Our cohort of 10 talented junior clinicians have been gaining exposure to specialist surgery, critical care, advanced diagnostic imaging, cancer care, and internal medicine. Graduating Southpaws Interns of the last 3 years have succeeded in gaining discipline-specific internships and residencies in the following:
- Small Animal Surgery (both at Southpaws and abroad)
- Small Animal Medicine and Oncology
- Small Animal Clinical Pathology
- Opportunity to join the Southpaws in an ECC specific internship for 12-months from mid-year 2022
- Didactic clinical development schedule opportunities including but not limited to: Journal Club, Paper Reviews and Presentations.
Join the Southpaws family and enjoy the benefits:
- Dedicated HR and Training functions to help you fulfil your career goals and achieve your potential
- Monthly check-ins and dedicated platform for feedback and accountability at all levels in the hospital
- Monthly company-wide social initiatives to support deep, genuine relationships with colleagues
- The leading environment for veterinary professionals who wish to challenge the status quo and set new benchmarks for performance and capability
For more information, reach out to Melissa at [email protected]